We got out to my field trial site out at Mt. Pleasant a couple of weeks ago to re-establish the plots, and to sample them for our visiting student, Romy’s research. She’ll be asking some very interesting questions about biochar’s interactions with soil aggregation after a year of being in the soil, using a whole range of techniques.
I’m thrilled that someone will be continuing to make use of the plots I set out last year – it’s great to see that work stretching further than it could have with just me alone. (I was also very happy to see the site had weathered much better through the winter than I’d expected!) We’re going to head back out next week to seed some sorghum x sudangrass.